Skip to content

Mubadala Energy announces new gas discovery in Malaysia

September 20, 2022

Mubadala Energy, the oil and gas unit of Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala Investment Company, has announced a new gas discovery off Malaysia as it seeks to expand its position in energy transition. The company discovered a “significant gas column of more than 110 metres” at the Cengkih-1 exploration well at Block SK320, off the coast of Sarawak province, a statement said on Tuesday. Mubadala Energy, which was previously known as Mubadala Petroleum, has a 55 per cent stake in Block SK320 with the remaining 45 per cent held by Malaysia’s Petronas Carigali and Sarawak Shell.

Read the original article in The National: Mubadala Energy makes new gas discovery in Malaysia

Back To Top