April 28, 2022 (Dubai, UAE)
Greenstone Equity Partners, the leading capital raising firm in the Middle East, announced the formation of its Investor Advisory Board of prominent GCC business leaders to provide strategic guidance and support as Greenstone continues its expansion after 11 years of operations in the region. The Investor Advisory Board has been established with the goal to enable and accelerate positive impact across the GCC and deliver unparalleled value to Greenstone’s GCC investor base and fund manager partners from around the world.
The inaugural members of the Greenstone Investor Advisory Board are nationals of the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and hold senior leadership positions and board memberships across a variety of financial industries, including Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Islamic Finance, Government-owned Enterprises, and Financial Technology firms. The members of Greenstone’s Investor Advisory Board are:
- H.E. Sheikh Khalid Bin Ahmed Al Hamed (United Arab Emirates); Chairman and CEO of Al Hamed Enterprises; Chairman of KMK Group
- Khamis M. Khamis Buharoon Al-Shamsi (United Arab Emirates); Chairman of Abu Dhabi National Takaful; previously Vice Chairman of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank; CEO of Commercial Bank International and Chairman of National Development Bank of Egypt
- Sultan Ali Rashed Lootah (United Arab Emirates); Chairman of Vault Investments; previously Director of Information Technology at the Department of Economic Development in Dubai; and CEO of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation
- Khaled Al-Aboodi (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia); CEO of Faidh International Food Co., previously Managing Director of SALIC; CEO of Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD); Senior Economist for Saudi Public Investment Fund; and Alternate Executive Director for Saudi Arabia at the World Bank
- Sara Nayef Al-Ateeqi (Kuwait); Vice Chair and acting CEO of Al Mal Investment Company and General Partner of Oasis Capital, a U.S. based Venture Capital Firm
The Greenstone Investor Advisory Board recently held its inaugural meeting, covering an extensive set of topics related to key trends in global alternative investment allocations across various GCC investor segments.
H.E. Sheikh Khalid Bin Ahmed Al Hamed said,
Greenstone has built an impressive brand throughout the UAE and GCC countries. The wealth of critical market intelligence generated by their daily interactions with investors throughout the region is very impressive. I’m proud to be part of the next phase of Greenstone’s growth.
Blake Modersitzki, Managing Partner for Pelion Venture Partners, a global leader in venture capital, who made a guest presentation to the Greenstone Investor Advisory Board at its opening meeting, said,
It was an honor to discuss topics of global economic importance with the esteemed members of Greenstone’s Investor Advisory Board. Greenstone’s Investor Advisory Board launch demonstrates yet another reason why Greenstone is the leading capital raising firm in the GCC.
Alex Gemici, Chairman and CEO of Greenstone, said:
After 11 years of continued growth, engaging the expertise of such high-caliber, well-connected leaders with diverse professional backgrounds will prove hugely beneficial to the continued growth of the GCC region and its institutional investor base.