Sheikh Khalid is the son of late Sheikh Ahmed (passed away in 2012), who is the maternal cousin of the late Sheikh Zayed and uncle to the current President, Sheikh Khalifa.
Born in 1929, Sheikh Ahmed was the man who began UAE’s media industry and was the first Minister of Information and Tourism. He worked with the late Sheikh Zayed before the formation of the UAE, managing various positions in Abu Dhabi. He remained a loyal and close adviser until Sheikh Zayed’s death in 2004.
His son, Sheikh Khalid holds various positions across different companies including the below:
- CEO of International Trading Circle LLC
- Chairman of Khalid Al Hamed Group
- Chairman and CEO at Al Hamed Enterprises
- Al Hamed Enterprises has a portfolio which comprises a group of companies engaged in hospitality and real estate businesses:
- Sheraton Hotel Jumeirah Beach Dubai
- Sheraton Residence Abu Dhabi
- Al Ain Mall
- Real Estate Properties
- Falcon General Service
- Chairman of IBMC Financial Professionals Group
- As the Chairman of IBMC, Sheikh Khalid recently launched Middle East’s first gold-backed currency.
- Chairman of KMK Investments
- KMK Investment has developed into a highly respected major holding company with a reputation for quality, commitment, and reliability throughout the U.A.E, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt, and Morocco. They design, build, and operate solar energy and security systems.