Born in 1964, Khamis Buharoon hails from the renowned Al-Shamsi family, one of the top 10 most influential families in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Khamis Buharoon is an astute businessman who has been at the helm of various banking and financial institutions across the UAE where he has held various leadership positions for more than 30 years including the Central Bank of the UAE. He is a strong believer in standardizing Islamic finance to boost the overall attractiveness of the segment.
Khamis Buharoon presently holds the following positions at various institutions:
- Chairman of Abu Dhabi National Takaful Co. PJSC
- Chairman at ADIB Securities
- Chairman at Etihad Capital PJSC (Subsidiary of Naeem Holding Company)
- Board Member of Naeem Holding Company (Egypt)
- Board Member at Agthia Group
He previously held the following positions at various institutions:
- Vice Chairman at Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (served for 13 years)
- Chairman at National Development Bank of Egypt
- Chairman at Abu Dhabi National Leasing Co.
- Chief Executive Officer at Commercial Bank International PSC
- Managing Director at Takamul Real Estate Co. (a subsidiary of Commercial Bank International PSC)
- Chief Executive Officer at AG Holding Ltd.
- Executive Chairman at Burooj Properties
- Managing Director at Commercial International Brokerage Co.
- Head-Domestic Banking at National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- General Auditor at First Gulf Bank PJSC
- Assistant Director-Internal Audit Division at Central Bank of the UAE